Friday, November 12, 2004

Bad Movies

I don't want to seem negative but I can't really name my favourite movie because it changes depending on my mood. What I can do, is name a few bad ones because they will always suck no matter what my mood! So, here we go with a short list of these gems and their reasons for being in suckdom.

Movie: The Passion of The Christ

Sucks because: It's just pathetic, it tells you more about the inner workings of Mel Gibson's mind than anything else. I felt insulted by it, I imagine a good few others in Hollywood and elsewhere, will feel likewise. It will probably damage his career - I hope so.


Movie: Independence Day

Sucks because: It expects viewers to be non-thinking, non-critical morons who like nothing more complicated than a gung-ho president prepared to do some personal alien ass-kicking! A bad attempt to cash in off nationalistic fervour and macho bullshit.


Movie: Stargate

Sucks because: The notion that we would travel to the end of the known Universe to visit a planet and nuke it, really sucks. The rest of the plot was puerile - one of the few movies that made me get up and leave halfway through.


Movie: Pearl Harbour

Sucks because: It wasn't about Pearl Harbour! Hollywood these days seems to think that special effects are all that's needed to ensure success - sorry guys, not in my view. The attack on Pearl seemed incidental to the romantic tale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home